Colorblock Tunic

I love following the Refashion Runway that Beth hosts on her blog The Renegade Seamstress.

Finally I decided this season I would sew along behind the scenes, and this week’s theme was tunics.

I love wearing tunics to travel in- they are so comfortable and keep you nice and covered up too. I had this kid’s XL t-shirt and this light pink cotton shirt that unfortunately had a large stain on the back.
I harvested the sleeves and the middle of the shirt to create a color blocking effect, and then took the bottom hem to act as the new neck band for extra contrast. I scalloped the bottom edges of the tunic and left them open at the sides for ease of movement.

Things since last time

I guess maybe all at once is the best way to do this, so here are some completed projects.


First up is a vintage halter top pattern made from vintage fabric that apparently I made a collage of with pretty ocean background. Below find View 3 of the same pattern, no collage and next to the corner of a white wall. Fun!


For an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, I took a red vest and added some embellishments.


The Zombie Gingerbread Men- yeah, that was Sean’s doing.

Then, I knit a whole bunch of things.


The teal drop stitch Boho hat is pretty basic, as is the Domo hat, and the Space Invaders hat. I just embellished the Domo hat and drafted a quick knitting chart for the Space Invaders one.

The pillows are a popcorn stitch pillow cover & a cable stitch pillow cover.

The cowl I call the Dip Dye Illusion and is just a really long infinity scarf doubled up- so cozy.

To complete the knitting fiesta, we have an owl shaped toy filled with catnip.